Friday’s topic is going to be called Five Fact Friday. Each Friday I’m going to give you five random facts about a topic. They’ll all be related to each other but won’t always relate to books or reading. This week’s topic is Reading. (I thought it’d be easier to start off with something like that.
- ‘And to Think That I Saw It On Mulberry Street’ was Dr. Seuss’s first book, rejected 27 times.
- Reading can make you a better conversationalist.
- If a child reads for 20 minutes everyday, they are exposed to about 1.8 million words per year.
- Dr. Seuss wrote The Grinch based on himself.
- Abibliophobia is the fear of running out of reading material.