Hi! How’s your week? Mine’s pretty uneventful.
The reason why this tag is only called ‘book tag’ is because I found it on Quotev, haha. I liked the questions so decided to answer them today. It was only called ‘book tag’ on Quotev.
Anyway, getting on with the tag.
1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
No, if I’m home alone I tend to read on the couch, in the mornings at the kitchen table (if I have time) and at night in my bedroom.
2. Bookmark or a random piece of paper?
Usually, a random piece of paper.
3. Can you stop reading at any time you want or do you have to stop at a certain, page, chapter, part, etc.?
If I have to stop reading to do something else I’ll always stop at the end of the chapter. Or, if the chapter’s really long and there like a star (*) or something somewhere, I’ll read until there. Sometimes, when I’m reading and falling asleep, it doesn’t matter where I stop reading because I’ll have to read over the previous pages anyway as I won’t remember anything.
4. Do you eat or drink while reading?
Breakfast sometimes. Usually, I read when I drink tea.
5. Can you read while listening to music/watching TV?
With music, definitely. Sometimes, the TV is on while I’m reading and I end up watching it- I just can’t help it. So, I read on breaks where there’s ads.
6. One book at a time, or several at once?
One book at a time. It’s not that I tend to mix them up, it seems it takes me longer to finish the books than normal.
7. Reading at home or everywhere?
Physical book: school and home. E-book: everywhere!
8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?
When I’m home alone, I like to read out loud. It makes the house seem less empty. Or, I read only dialogue out loud. Otherwise, I read silently.
9. Do you read ahead or skip pages?
I have a tendency to read ahead. If my book happens the fall open on a page, I tend to read it and sometimes skip back to see the beginning of whatever I read about. I never skip pages.
10. Breaking the spine or keeping it new?
School novels, I break the spine. Otherwise, I keep them new.
11. Do you write in books?
Not usually. I write on a page and use that as a bookmark.
I liked question 8. Do you ever read out loud?
Thanks for reading!